Genital aesthetics refers to how satisfying we can make our genitals look. Surgeons will work on the genitals (vagina, penis, labia, and vulva) to make them appealing. The surgical procedure aims to create a pleasing shape of the private parts. But, it is a procedure that involves good knowledge, and plastic surgeons perform this procedure.
Furthermore, this procedure is a sub-specialty in gynecology. It helps to fix the look of our private parts. Yet, this plastic procedure not only addresses the face of our private parts. It also brings back the functionality of the sexual organs.
Istanbul Med Assist offers high-quality genital aesthetic services, ensuring client satisfaction.
Advantages of genital aesthetics
Genital aesthetics surgery is a big umbrella that houses more minor surgeries. It consists of surgeries such as vaginal tightening and labia minora reduction. Generally, people use this procedure to fix the shape of their private parts. It also helps to correct some defects in our private parts.
Plastic surgeons can perform genital aesthetic surgery on people who require such a procedure. People with functional and cosmetic defects (genetics or accidents) may also need this procedure. In other words, it helps to bring back the natural function of the private parts organs. Although, the process is a bit tasking.
Also, genital aesthetics helps to tighten the vagina. Women who have had their babies through a vaginal birth can return the look of their vaginas to the natural look.
It is no news again that sex is an essential part of why we are humans. People with one or two defects in their private parts find orgasm and sex difficult. But this procedure aims to bring back your self-esteem. It can also help you get back your sweet sexual life.
Genital Aesthetics Procedures
There are different procedures under ‘genital aesthetics.’ But we will discuss a few important ones here;
- Labial Reduction (Labiaplasty): the labia are like the lips of the vagina. Here, the surgery aims to reduce the size of the labia minora (inner lips) and bump to make the vulva more appealing. These inner lips are more sensitive. If these inner lips are too large, you may notice sensitivity. Your clothes and underwear can bring about this sensitivity.
- Vaginal tightening (vaginoplasty): the vagina is the passage for the penis. It connects the vulva to the uterus. The vagina is made of muscles. Its muscles may relax and enlarge after childbirth or due to aging. This procedure tightens its muscles.
- Phalloplasty: The male private part organ comes in various shapes and sizes. But, this plastic procedure aims to increase the length of the penis or the width of its shaft. You have to remember that this procedure does not help increase the size of the penis head.
- Other procedures include: 1. Perineoplasty (the perineal area), and 2. Puboplasty (the pubis)
Possible side effects of genital aesthetics?
Generally, surgical procedures are stressful on the human body. Surgeries also come with complications and side effects.
Here are some side effects of genital aesthetic surgery:
- Bleeding: The risk of bleeding in any surgical procedure is high. The physicians and health workers should check patients closely during post-op.
- Infection: All surgical wounds are prone to infections. But, this is preventable by proper wound cleaning.
- Scarring: There may also be a possibility of scars that may be itchy. Etc.
Finally, you must consider a few things before going for a genital aesthetics procedure. Your doctor can also help in the decision process.
Possible things to look into include;
- Proper/complete physical examination: This will help your surgeon decide if the procedure suits you.
- Medical history: This is general for all forms of procedure. But, you must give your doctor an account of your medical history. This may influence the procedure’s outcome. Be sincere with your healthcare giver.
- Allergies and complications: Be aware that surgical procedures may come with risks. But, inform your doctor if you are allergic to some medication. Also, tell your surgeon about your health status to avoid unbearable outcomes.