Honey is a sweet natural fluid that is significant in the treatment of arthritis and other types of health conditions. It contains anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, and anti-bacterial agents. In addition, in its natural form, it has a great positive effect on illness and conditions and it is often a natural and cheap option for persons living with arthritis.
Furthermore, this sweet natural fluid is retrieved from honeybees that use the nectar of flowering plants for complete production. Honey has some amount of vitamins, iron, zinc, and sugar inside of it. All of this makes up raw honey.
However, in some cases, it can work in multiple ways when other ingredients like cinnamon are added to it to create a perfect effect. Humans use honey as a treatment therapy for burns and fungal infections.
Knowledge of Arthritis
Arthritis is swelling that occurs primarily in the joint of an individual. In other words, it is the stiffness and pain that an individual experiences in one or more of their joints. However, in recent studies, it is stated that there are multiple types of arthritis. But, we will discuss the commonest ones of all here. These include;
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Thumb Arthritis
- Septic Arthritis
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis.
In addition, there are countless factors that contribute to the risk of developing arthritis in humans. Similarly, research has shown that nearly 50.5 million people living in the United State of America is living with one form of arthritis. However, some of the factors that can expose you to arthritis include;
- Autoimmune disorders
Furthermore, there are various factors that can expose you to the risk of developing arthritis. These include;
- Family history
- Previous joint injury
- Immunity disorder
Symptoms of arthritis
Firstly, health practitioners identify various signs and symptoms you can feel or see when you have arthritis. However, do not assume that you have arthritis until a doctor has carried out several evaluations on you to confirm your claims. The following are the symptoms you might experience;
- Pain in the site
- Less mobility
- Swollen site
Why is honey good for the treatment of arthritis?
Subsequently, honey has been identified as an alternative to arthritis treatment as it comes with little or no side effects. One of the commonest uses of honey is its addition to drinks and other foods. However, it is not news again that in the ancient days, health practitioners uses honey as one of the natural relief for people living with some health conditions like cough, etc.
In this paragraph, we will discuss briefly the significant health usage of honey in any capacity. Flavonoids and polyphenols are the main anti-oxidative agents in honey. When you use this sweet fluid frequently, there are some benefits that you will acquire from this simple act. These include;
- It will help in reducing cholesterol in your body
- It is more beneficial and safer to use than refined sugar
- Aids digestion
- Helps in weight reduction
How honey helps relieve arthritis
Certainly, honey comes with various health benefits. But, for the next few minutes, we will make you see reasons why you should add honey to your recipe if you are living with any type of arthritis.
- Nutrients: Honey is rich in nutrients of all types. It consists of a reasonable amount of vitamins and minerals. If you consume honey daily, it will increase your daily nutrient intake. In other words, these nutrients will help strengthen your body to fight against some causes of arthritis. These nutrients will also help boost your immunity and therefore, reduce your chances of developing auto-immune arthritis.
- Contains Anti-oxidant/Anti-bacteria: As it contains an anti-oxidant and anti-bacterial agents, it helps in getting rid of bacteria within the body system. In addition, honey helps to reduce oxidative stress in your body and remove harmful chemicals within your body system. This effect will lead to a reduction in inflammation that may result from arthritis.
- Promote good sleep: If your doctor has diagnosed you with any type of arthritis, no doubt, this can be overwhelming. However, honey contains some supplements that will aid good sleep and repair the dead body cells. Your doctor will inform you of the good you will do yourself if you do not overwork your body.
- Weight management: Obesity is one of the leading factors that expose you to chronic arthritis. However, the good news here is that the consumption of honey will help you manage your weight carefully. Nutritionists recommend that honey will build and increase your body’s metabolism. This will help reduce your weight as you will burn calories effortlessly.
- Boost energy: Honey is one of the superfoods that contribute positively to the well-being of humans. However, as it contains unprocessed sugar, it enters directly into your bloodstream and helps in boosting your energy.
Is raw honey safe for consumption?
Raw honey is the purest form of sweet fluid that has not been through any form of repackaging and processing. It does not contain unnatural chemicals. Therefore, it is safe for consumption for adults and children above 1 year. However, it is not safe for infants under 12months of age. Babies below the age of 12 months can develop gastrointestinal conditions if honey is given to them.
Finally, honey as a superfood can be combined with other superfoods like cinnamon, Tumeric powder, Vinegar, etc. You can add it to your recipes or use it as food supplements. Similarly, you can use it in your tea. However, this can be used alongside other medications and therapies that your doctor recommends. Honey has not been found as a hindrance to the potency and the effect of any medication.
If you have been diagnosed with arthritis by your doctor, and you are in the look for a natural means to complement your therapies, Honey is your go-to natural remedy. However, always inform your doctor before you make any decision as they are in the best position to give you detailed advice and inform you of what will work best for your type of arthritis.