Honey is a sweet natural fluid for treating arthritis and other health conditions. It contains anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, and anti-bacterial agents. In addition, in its natural form, it has a tremendous positive effect on illness and conditions and is often a natural and cheap option for people with arthritis.
Furthermore, this sweet natural fluid is retrieved from honeybees that use the nectar of flowering plants for complete production. Honey has some vitamins, iron, zinc, and sugar. All of this makes up raw Honey.
However, in some cases, it can work in multiple ways when other ingredients, like cinnamon, are added to it to create a perfect effect. Humans use Honey as a treatment therapy for burns and fungal infections.
Knowledge of Arthritis
Arthritis is swelling that occurs primarily in the joint of an individual. In other words, it is the stiffness and pain an individual experiences in one or more joints. However, recent studies have stated that there are multiple types of arthritis. But we will discuss the most common ones here. These include;
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Thumb Arthritis
- Septic Arthritis
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis.
In addition, countless factors contribute to the risk of developing arthritis in humans. Similarly, research has shown that nearly 50.5 million people living in the United States of America are living with one form of arthritis. However, some of the factors that can expose you to arthritis include;
- Autoimmune disorders
Furthermore, various factors can expose you to the risk of developing arthritis. These include;
- Family history
- Previous joint injury
- Immunity disorder
Symptoms of arthritis
Firstly, health practitioners identify various signs and symptoms you can feel or see when you have arthritis. However, do not assume that you have arthritis until a doctor has carried out several evaluations on you to confirm your claims. The following are the symptoms you might experience;
- Pain in the site
- Less mobility
- Swollen site
Why is Honey good for the treatment of arthritis?
Subsequently, Honey has been identified as an alternative to arthritis treatment as it has few or no side effects. One of the most common uses of Honey is its addition to drinks and other foods. However, it is not news again that in ancient times, health practitioners used Honey as a natural relief for people with some health conditions like cough, etc.
In this paragraph, we will briefly discuss Honey's significant health usage in any capacity. Flavonoids and polyphenols are the main anti-oxidative agents in Honey. When you use this sweet fluid frequently, there are some benefits that you will acquire from this simple act. These include;
- It will help in reducing cholesterol in your body
- It is more beneficial and safer to use than refined sugar
- Aids digestion
- Helps in weight reduction
How Honey helps relieve arthritis
Indeed, Honey comes with various health benefits. But, for the next few minutes, we will make you see why you should add Honey to your recipe if you live with arthritis.
- Nutrients: Honey is rich in nutrients of all types. It consists of a reasonable amount of vitamins and minerals. If you consume Honey daily, it will increase your daily nutrient intake. In other words, these nutrients will help strengthen your body to fight against some causes of arthritis. These nutrients will also help boost your immunity and reduce your chances of developing auto-immune arthritis.
- Contains Anti-oxidant/Anti-bacteria: As it contains anti-oxidant and anti-bacterial agents, it helps eliminate bacteria within the body system. In addition, Honey helps reduce oxidative stress and remove harmful chemicals within your body system. This effect will lead to a reduction in inflammation that may result from arthritis.
- Promote good sleep: If your doctor has diagnosed you with any arthritis, no doubt, this can be overwhelming. However, Honey contains supplements that aid in getting good sleep and repair dead body cells. Your doctor will inform you of the good you will do yourself if you do not overwork your body.
- Weight management: Obesity is a leading factor that exposes you to chronic arthritis. However, the good news is that consuming Honey will help you manage your weight carefully. Nutritionists recommend that Honey will build and increase your body's metabolism. This will help reduce your weight as you will burn calories effortlessly.
- Boost energy: Honey is one of the superfoods that contribute positively to the well-being of humans. However, as it contains unprocessed sugar, it enters directly into your bloodstream and helps in boosting your energy.
Is raw Honey safe for consumption?
Raw Honey is the purest form of sweet fluid that has not been through any form of repackaging and processing. It does not contain unnatural chemicals. Therefore, it is safe for adults and children above one year of consumption. However, it is not safe for infants under 12 months of age. Babies below 12 months can develop gastrointestinal conditions if Honey is given to them.
Finally, Honey can be combined with other superfoods like cinnamon, Tumeric powder, Vinegar, etc. You can add it to your recipes or as a food supplement. Similarly, you can use it in your tea. However, this can be used alongside other medications and therapies that your doctor recommends. Honey is not a hindrance to any medicine's potency and effect.
If you have been diagnosed with arthritis by your doctor and are looking for a natural means to complement your therapies, Honey is your go-to natural remedy. However, always inform your doctor before you decide, as they are in the best position to give you detailed advice and tell you what will work best for your type of arthritis.